Software Automation Test Engineer with 9 years of total experience (7 years as Automation Test Engineer in Medical device industry)
Proficient in Manual and Automated Testing Tools including WinRunner, and C# scripting to develop automated tests.
Extensive experience in planning, implementation and delivery of I.T. and Verification and Validation Projects.
Conversant in medical product development, design control process and quality system or regulatory environment.
Strong communication skills, both verbal & written, with particular emphasis on the production of clear & detailed documents within Test Plans, Test Cases, Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications.
St. Jude Medical
- January 2007 - April 2012
- VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION ENGINEER, Designation: Technical Lead, V&V
- Project: NGP Unity Programmer Verification and Validation
- Next Generation Unity Programmer application communicates with a Class III device which is normally implanted in a patient. This project ensures that the quality of the deliverables meets and exceeds customer expectations. The NGP is used during a device implants (ICD / Pacemaker) and during subsequent follow-ups. Hence the quality of the programmer determines the success of the programmer use.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Conduct historical analyses of test results.
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION ENGINEER - March 2005 - December 2006
- PROGRAMMER LOGIC AND REQUIREMENTS SPECIFICATIONS' VERIFICATION
- Create test design and test cases for the unity application
- Train team members on design and coding techniques.
- Interact with client to discuss issues.
- Effort estimation and project planning.
Software Engineer - November 2004 - February 2005
- Project: Internal training
- Complete Perl and UML internal training
- Writing Use cases and Test Cases for the Task Based Approach application.
- Stress testing using Load Runner internal applications.
- November 2002 - November 2004
- Conduct classes for Software Engineering, Math's, GRE preparations.
- Mentor students in various roles.