Very hands-on and results oriented. Ability to come into troubled situations and determine/resolve quickly problems and issues many times with little experience. Extensive experience in directing day to day accounting, practice and theory. Adept at getting through difficult audits. Strong knowledge and creative solutions in financial/cost accounting issues, analyses, capital and operation budgets, forecasts and models. Significant ability and experience with processing large amounts of data with computers, spreadsheets, databases and accounting packages into standardized, presentable and understandable reports so operations people can do their jobs, make decisions and reach objectives. Strong success in implementing, converting, and improving an organizations controls and systems. MAS 90/200. A Team Player/Asset.
Coast Drapery Services, Inc
Accountant - December 2009 - May 2010
- Inventory accounting, reconciliation, analysis, process/transaction flow, maintenance. Inventory not managed for over 2 years. Great Plains: Inventory, Fixed Asset, A/P and Billing backup. General ledger account conversion.
Cabinetec Inc (Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer)
- July 2009 - October 2009
- Controller Salary $60,000
- Take over cash/receivable management to correct cash flow issues. Sales & Use tax filings. Supervise payroll & accounting function, MAS 90/200 system. Economic conditions forced company closure.
- CARD PLAYER MEDIA, LLC, (Magazine & Online Tournaments
- April 2008 - December 2008
- Controller Salary $90,000
- Direct day-to-day accounting and HR functions. Improve month end close from 2 weeks to 4-5 days.
- Deal with all tax issues including sales and use tax. Set up credit card processors and processing.
- Business plan model development for investors.
THE UPPERDECK COMPANY, INC
Assistant Controller - March 2006 - April 2008
- Standardize month end closing, create narrative performance reports to accompany financial package, analysis of sales, costs and other expenses plus balance sheet financial analysis.
- Reconciled cash receipts not done for 16 months.
- Manage, interpret contracts, calculate, report and pay the royalties to the major sports leagues. Successfully turned back league audits totaling $3 million in 2007.
- Work with auditors (outside & tax). Completed audits of fiscal 2005 & 2006 simultaneously after 2006 year end, prepare financial statements & footnotes. Improve internal controls and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile Sales, and Receivables. Review and analyze reserves for product Warranty, Obsolescence and Returns. Manage coordination of yearly physical inventory and product profitability. Hire staff.
- March 2005 - March 2006
- MAS90/200 project to train companies understand system for accounts payable and receivable, shipping, shipping documentation, and inventory. Recommend system uses, improvements, best practices, and Sarbanes Oxley issues. Develop standardized reports in FRX, system's tools, Crystal and database software.
VINYL BUILDING PRODUCTS (Manufacturing)
- January 2001 - February 2005
- Free up CFO of day-to-day duties allowing pursuit of administration/strategic/planning areas. Provided President with timely, accurate and dependable analyses for conducting operations. Enhanced department/CFO disciplines in cost, budgets/forecasts, forecast models, capex, GAAP and IFRS, contracts.
- Using Access created additional financial analyses of sales, PVC raw material cost analysis, inventory and operational/cost. Reconcile major inventory changes, Update product pricing.
- Maintain internal controls. Review customer and operating contracts.
- Maintain customer pricing and developed support analyses with Access queries and reports.
- Work with auditors on audits, reviews and taxes. Prepare financial statements and footnotes.
SIGHTSEEING TOURS OF AMERICA (Transportation)
Chief Financial Officer - February 1998 - December 2000
- Report to COO-CEO. Create and implement monthly closing, financial statements through cash flow, financial analyses, budgets/forecasts taking over the work performed by auditor firm.
- Made improvements by upgrading accounting systems (MAS90), computers, network, and chart of accounts, developing reports and training staff in Excel and PC usage.
- Implement POS ticket system with new credit card processor, create sales/marketing analyses and decision reports in Access.
- Supervise 5. Multi-Company: General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Bank/Cash Management, ADP.
PEZROW COMPANIES (Marketing Company/Food Broker)
Division Controller - August 1988 - February 1998
- Work closely with CEO, COO, Division President and other top operations management.
- Supervise General Accounting staff of 6.
- Close and prepare monthly P&L, profit and expense center reporting and variance analysis.
- Multi-Company accounting and consolidations developed on Lotus 123 along with macros.
- Develop formal divisional/corporate budget/forecast package changing the process to improve and provide detail information during the planning process.
- Provide insight, leadership to other Controllers on budgets, management reporting analysis and controls.
- Assist in intro of PC's to company. Started training company personnel by developing and teaching classes, eventually contracting outside instructors.
- Advise CFO on network and accounting software selection (MAS90), vendor specification and implementation; network supervisor and system administrator.
- Implement LAN and convert to new accounting package. Implement Ceridian payroll.
- Convert and develop Accounts Receivable and Sales reporting system with report writer and Fox Pro and migrated to Windows and MS Office.
- Monitor receivables, payables, sales expenses, prepared income taxes. Worked with outside auditors and prepared schedules. Review contracts from Principals. Reputation for on-time/accurate reports.
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University