Seeking a challenging and demanding position in the occupational environmental, health, and safety compliance fields in which I can demonstrate and enhance my bilingual, managerial, and organizational skills
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
Have over 22 years of experience in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
- February 2011 - November 2011
Safety/Environmental Coordinator -
- Conducted audits, assessments, monitoring to ensure operations meet environmental, health, and safety requirements
- Prepared and submitted safety and environmental reports as required.
- Conducted safety meetings and safety training sessions for production, office, and supervisor personnel.
- Responsible for site environmental operations, equipment, hazardous material storage, issue, accountability, and inventory.
- Conducted accident/near misses Investigations and the preparation of documentation as required.
Customer Service Agent-Technical Support Specialis - December 2010 - February 2011
- Advised faculty, students, colleges, and universities on general technical issues related with on line courses.
- Answered client's telephone calls, listened, and question effectively.
- Interpreted and solved login issues into school's Blackboard, Web Ct, and Web Advisor systems.
- Prepared and maintained reports on telephone calls.
- Troubleshoot information to resolve client's issue.
Safety Consultant - September 2005 - January 2010
- Assisted diversity of businesses with the compliance of their site specific safety programs.
- Performed safety audits and safety walkthrough inspections for these businesses.
- Made recommendations for corrections of unsafe conditions.
- Conducted safety meetings and safety training sessions for production, office, and supervisor personnel in English and Spanish languages.
- Reviewed and inspected employers OSHA injury documentation.
- Conducted noise sampling surveys.
- Scheduled visits to company's locations on daily, monthly, bimonthly, semiannual, and annual basis, and traveled to their locations.
- Performed hazard assessments on systems procedures, and tasks procedures performed by personnel to determined any unsafe conditions and recommendations.
Acme Brick Company
Safety Coordinator - May 2001 - September 2005
- Accountable for entire safety program for two (2) brick manufacturing plants.
- Reviewed/developed safety and environmental programs and plans
- Supervised the training of over 200 employees to include supervisors and plant managers
- Responsible for location and facility security
- Conducted safety meetings and safety training sessions for production, office, and supervisors in English and Spanish languages.
United States Test and Evaluation
Quality Control/Data Collection - March 1998 - August 1999
- Collect, organized, and develop data from military equipment evaluation tests.
United States Army
Chemical Operations Specialist - August 1975 - September 1997
- Supervised over 100 personnel in chemical decontamination operations on an air medical evacuation battalion.
- Managed and monitored the brigade chemical operations, explosives, and land resources programs.
- Primary trainer/planner of company technical chemical operations
Texas State Technical College
Albert Einstein High School